A SET OF OFFICES AND ARTISANAL SURFACES

47'000 sqm
of mixed surfaces
for rent in Geneva

Home
Presentation
Access
History

Charmilles neighbourhood

The QUARTET development is ideally located on the Right Bank, in the Charmilles neighbourhood, near the downtown area. This up-and-coming, fast-changing neighbourhood of Geneva offers a dynamic setting that benefits from the attractiveness of being in town and having easy access.

Access

QUARTET is located in a neighbourhood near all amenities and just a few minutes from the downtown area. Access to the highway is easy and the site is just 10 minutes from Geneva Airport.

The numerous bus routes in the immediate vicinity of the complex lead directly to the Airport (line 10), Cornavin train station (6, 10 and 19) and also to place des Nations (11). Road links provide quick access to the industrial estates such as the ZIMEYSA.

On foot
Bus stop
1 min.
Parc des Franchises
1 min.
Parc Gustave & Léonard Hentsch
2 min.
Rhone river
20 min.
Planète Charmilles
1 min.
Fitness
1 min.
Public Transportation
Bus 6, 10, 11, 19
Cornavin Station
9 min.
Downtown
10 min.
Geneva International Airport
13 min.
Car
Geneva International Airport
10 min.
Cornavin Station
9 min.
Downtown
10 min.
Lausanne
45 min.
Zurich
3 h

History

The QUARTET project is located on the site of the former Hispano-Suiza works, one building of which has been preserved in the project. This building has been renovated and had storeys added to accommodate the HEAD (University of Art and Design).

The Hispano-Suiza brand was established in 1904, following a partnership between the Genevan Mark Birkigt and a Spanish industrialist. Initially, the company was active in the automotive sector and quickly became a world-famous name. At the same time, the factories developed aircraft engines for the Allies’ aircraft during World War One and continued to diversify until the military industry became their main business.

In 1938, Hispano-Suiza moved to the Rue de Lyon site to produce air-defence weapons and ammunition.

In 1970, following the decline of the sector, Mark Birkigt sold this site and arms production activities were to cease there in 1985. Although the Hispano-Suiza company is no longer in business, the site is still associated with this name, which made its history and reputation.